We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded Lead Developer to join our Store AI team and help build a new generation of stores that thousands (to millions!) of people will use every day.
The team is responsible for all embedded systems, data streams and machine learning algorithms which are at the center of the store experience. We care deeply about resilience, performance, and maintainability.
In order to design new scalable systems that integrate elegantly into our store architecture, you'll partner closely with product managers, engineers, and researchers.
At Storelift, our people are consumer product-oriented, intensely curious, and selfless.
We encourage anyone who is passionate about building high performance scalable systems to apply.
**👋 About Storelift**
Our mission is to revolutionize the way people shop for essentials.
So far, grocery shopping has always been time consuming and we got used to deceptive experiences. Shopping at anytime and close by shouldn't be a luxury.
We decided to break the status-quo and for that we created : Boxy.
Boxy is open 24/7. Compact but complete, it's equipped with the latest technology leveraging state of the art AI to offer shoppers a frictionless experience. Because it automatically detects the items you pick up, you just take what you need and that's it. No checkout.
**🧗 What you'll do**
* Lead and collaborate with engineering teams to build resilient, highly performant, and scalable systems.
* Ensure your team's code quality by setting up great expectations on best practices and test coverage especially.
* Refine or define hypotheses with all the stakeholders in a data-driven approach that informs product strategy and innovations.
* Enable and ship complex components with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence.
* Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
Check our Stackshare: https://stackshare.io/companies/storelift
**👤 Who you are**
* You have several years of working experience as a Software Developer with Python developing backend services. If you have experience in lower level languages like C++ or electronic engineering skills, that would be a plus.
* You have experience in working on Machine Learning projects from ideation to delivering to production.
* You have experience in leading a team of developers.
* You have strong testing practice and you always focus on maintainability. CI/CD experience is preferred.
* You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
* You have a passion for supporting and enabling others to become more productive.