We are looking for a thoughtful, well-rounded ML Engineer to join our Store AI team and help build a new generation of stores that thousands (to millions!) of people will use every day.
The team is responsible for all embedded systems, data streams and machine learning algorithms which are at the center of the store experience. We care deeply about resilience, performance, and maintainability.
In order to design new scalable systems that integrate elegantly into our store architecture, you'll partner closely with product managers, engineers, and researchers.
At Storelift, our people are consumer product-oriented, intensely curious, and selfless.
We encourage anyone who is passionate about developing top-notch ML systems to apply.
**👋 About Storelift**
Our mission is to democratize access to convenient groceries.
For people living all around the world, grocery shopping can be inefficient and very time consuming. Among the densely populated cities, there is an over saturation of convenience stores and food delivery services, but more than 50% of the population do not take advantage of these luxuries. Shopping at any hour of the day should not be a luxury which is only reserved for privileged people; this should be accessible worldwide. For these reasons, we decided to disrupt the market and break the status-quo by creating our own Store to combat these problems - Boxy.
Boxy is a convenience store that operates 24/7, with a variety of locations around France. Compact but complete, it's equipped with the latest technology and leveraging state of the art AI to offer customers a frictionless shopping experience. Since Boxy is capable of automatically detecting the items that you pick up while shopping, you can simply just take what you need and walk out. No checkout.
**🧗 What you'll do**
* Collaborate with engineering teams to build resilient, highly performant, and scalable distributed systems.
* Continuously improve our machine learning algorithms by implementing multiple strategies (improving training data sets, testing new models, ...).
* Refine or define hypotheses with all the stakeholders in a data-driven approach that informs product strategy and innovations.
* Enable and ship complex components with exceptional quality on a regular, rapid cadence.
* Become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
**👤 Who you are**
* You have a first experience as a ML Engineer designing and developing Machine Learning products or projects.
* You have advanced programming skills in Python and experience with ML libraries such as NumPy, Scikit-Learn and others.
* You have strong testing practice and you always focus on maintainability. CI/CD experience is preferred.
* You have a great ability to learn, and you are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
* You have a strong quality mindset and care for the overall performance of the product.